Interactive Design - Project 1


25/04/2023 - 08/05/2023 // (Week 4 - Week 6)
Denise Anjali // 0342430
Interactive Design // Bachelor of Design in Creative Media
Project 1: Landing Page Design Prototype


LECTURES

Week x: Title
Summary

INSTRUCTIONS


Project 1 - Landing Page Design Prototype

We are to choose an existing website with design problems that we would like to address. We have to analyze the website's design and identify the areas that need improvement. From that, we are to develop a concept for the landing page, create a wireframe or a mock-up of the landing page design and develop the landing page prototype using either Adobe XD or Figma. 

I chose the website https://www.girlsgogames.com, a free online games website. I chose this website because I had many childhood memories of it but going back to the site made me realise how many issues the website's design actually had. Its interface is very cluttered, is rather long, and the text is difficult to read due to its size.

Image 1.1: Screenshot of the website's landing page, Week 4 (25/04/2023)

Based on the website, I came up with a couple wireframes. My main goal with the redesign was to make the website more breathable. 

Image 1.2: Wireframes, Week 5 (02/05/2023)

In the end, I went with the 2nd wireframe when creating the prototype. I forgot to take a screenshot of the initial prototype but it almost strictly followed the wireframe's layout. With feedback from a friend, I made the games below the main panel smaller and more spaced out to reduce cluster. 

Image 1.3: Prototype attempt 2, Week 5 (05/05/2023)



FEEDBACK

General feedback:
Specific feedback:


REFLECTION

Experience:
Observations:
Findings:

Comments

Popular Posts